Friday, January 15, 2010

Salon/spa employees...I have a tip question. I had a pedicure done today at the place I ususally go. They?

Do a really great job, it is about an hour long, and it costs $20.00. I paid $20 and tipped her $5 in cash, thinking I was being generous. She was gracious, but later when she thought I couldn't hear her she grumbled and scoffed to the other workers about how she ';only'; got $5.





Again, I thought I was being generous with a 25% tip (thinking 15% is normal). Was I off the mark?





I blushed and left quickly.


Thanks!Salon/spa employees...I have a tip question. I had a pedicure done today at the place I ususally go. They?
tips are one of those tricky subjects.. I think you gave her a fair amount, and she's just ungrateful.. in theory you didn't have to tip her at all (she gets paid a wage and should be happy to get any tip at all, especially seeing as she's so ungrateful for those that she does get lol) if I were you I would continue to go there and not tip her at all anymore!! Then perhaps she'll appreciate the next $5 tip she gets :P (or go there and have someone else do your nails, then tip them twice as much! lol I'm so mean sometimes, but that's so rude!! Even to say it without you hearing it, she doesn't deserve your tips with an attitude like that)Salon/spa employees...I have a tip question. I had a pedicure done today at the place I ususally go. They?
i think you did right, that's what I tip too but my pedicure never last no hour..they are always so busy. next time if you get her again in fact ask for her and when shes done..hand her a piece of paper that says TIP and inside write ..my tip to you today is don't complain to coworkers in front of customers about a $5.00 tip. Then you might have actually got one today. Sincerely, Karma..:)
No, 5 dollars is fine! People usually want more and it's supposed to be 15% anyway.I work in a beauy salon i usually get 15% or 5 dollars when people feel generous.Don't worry people can sometimes want more you know they are never satisfied!!
After I give a nice deluxe pedicure to my customers, I still get paid $5 tip at the most. It's a very nice tip, cuz people usually don't tip at all, or just leave a dollar or two.


You should have gone back and asked her what the hell she meant by ''only 5 bucks''.


Stand up for yourself, don't be apushover.
wow, i think that's messed up! i would never go back there again. and to be honest...if i heard somebody say that when they thought i couldn't hear them...i would simply walk to the person who did my nails and just grab the cash out of her hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment