Friday, January 15, 2010

Pedicure S.O.S!!! I need to know what they use in the spa...?

I would like to do my own pedicures and I want to know what products they use in the nail salon and spas to make your feet feel soft and smooth. If anyone knows, please inform me. Thanks!Pedicure S.O.S!!! I need to know what they use in the spa...?
They use a sloughing lotion, that sloughs off all of the dead skin. They also use a foot file to remove any tough skin on the soles and heels. Then some super moisturizing lotion.Pedicure S.O.S!!! I need to know what they use in the spa...?
I've never personally had a professional pedi mainly because it's so unsanitary. I have given myself awesome pedis for years though. Here are some tips:


鈥irst soak ur feet in hot water with some foot soak or bath salts for like 20 minutes


鈥hen clean all that icky gunk out from around your nails, then cut straight across to prevent ingrown nails. Then file to make sure the edges are smooth.


鈥se a pedegg or a pumice stone on your rough spots and you'll see dead skin just peel off, it's awesome how soft pumice stones make your feet.


鈥hen use a nail brush to make sure there is nothing left on your nails that will keep polish from looking smooth. Make sure you use a base coat to prevent your nails from staining yellow. Apply 2 coats of color and 1 coat of clear on top


鈥fter your nails are dry, use a thick moisturizer like a body butter or bath and body works true blue spa shea it isn't so foot cream. It works awesome and smells so clean! Never moisturize before painting because oil keeps polish from sticking long so you'll have chips faster.


鈥lso, if you have a problem with foot odor, buy some tea tree oil and either massage directly to your feet or add to your foot soak. It smells really strong at first but after you get familar with it it smells wonderful. It works wonders for tons of skin problems. I've had acne for 10 years and this past year has been moderate to severe. After giving up on chemicals like retin a micro and proactiv and many many others, I started using tea tree oil and my skin is almost completely clear now. It also works well as an antiseptic on minor scrapes and cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment