Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is it OK for me to get a spa pedicure at 6 months pregnant?

Sure, a pedicure will not affect your pregnancy.





There is an article I found that suggests you should have them avoid your ankles if they are giving you a massage because of a small chance of pressure points there triggering contractions. Personally, I don't buy that, but you can have them avoid doing that just in case if you want to. The only other thing it mentions as a concern is fumes from the polish they might use on your feet. Most places are going to be ventilated well enough, so I really don't think it should be a concern for you. Other than that, no problems with getting a pedicure.





Here is the article:


http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/articles.鈥?/a>Is it OK for me to get a spa pedicure at 6 months pregnant?
why wouldn't it be????Is it OK for me to get a spa pedicure at 6 months pregnant?
it will be absolutly fine and have one for me too.......i'm off to work in a couple of hrs for 12hrs on my feet.........enjoy.xxx
no, spa pedicure wouldn't harm the baby and won't cause you to go into labor. It's always nice to pamper yourself
yes it is fine, go on pamper yourself!
I guess my concern would be inhaling all those toxic fumes for the entire time you're getting it done.
Sure...as long as you tell them you are pregnant if you are having a foot massage.
Why wouldn't it be? Email me back the reason then i'll find out for you.
I just had one a few days ago. There's no reason not to.
yes - pamper yourself while you can. just make sure it is a clean place - pregnant or not.
yes but make sure after that you drink alot of water
yes, every gal should pamper themselves when pregnant!!
Surely! Have fun! I want one too!
Sure you can, pamper yourself!
why not - I don't think that nail polish is on the bad list or anything...
The pedicure by itself is fine.. but depends on anything else you want to do? I mean I would tell the therapist to not have to many open and smelly chemicals around you, just to keep it to the nail varnish. Like not to have open bottles of acetone or anything and to be too near any other women that are having wierd and chemically treatments.


As long as you arent also going in for a sauna or spa bath then fine... just the pedicure.. thats fine.





:) Good luck and have fun!
pedicure yes, spa NO the heat can cause you to go into labor and miscarraige, it happened to my Aunt, very very bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment